Numeracy in the News
11 November @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The news is packed with numbers, so isn’t it time we used it to…
- show students how to interpret data to form accurate opinions
- teach them how to spot misleading statistics
- help students practise their Maths?
The Economist Educational Foundation’s programme, Topical Talk, is a great place to start. Join us during Maths Week for this practical webinar where we’ll share flexible activity ideas that encourage numeracy-rich discussions about topical issues.
Plus, we’ll give classroom-ready techniques on how to bring oracy-based activities into maths. Get your students talking beyond the textbook!
This webinar is suitable for:
- Subject specialists in maths – but also anyone interested in teaching numeracy in real-world settings
- Teachers of students age 9+ – we’ll be sharing versatile techniques for use across all age groups